Monday, September 15, 2008

Leavenworth Recap


Ben and his siblings












Ben and I got to go to Leavenworth a few weeks ago with his parents and siblings. It was so fun! My parents kept the kidlets, which was a great treat. We didn't necessarily love Leavenworth itself but the activities surrounding it. We drove over on Friday and went wine tasting at a winery owned by Ben's uncles cousin called Icecycle Ridge ( I would recommend their wine called 3 blondes). Later that night Ben's parents took us to a nice sit down dinner before we headed in for the night. We had rented a house so we could all be together which was a really fun idea. After dinner we played spoons -where in I actually bit one of Ben's brothers, I guess I got a bit too into the game! :) It was all in good sport though and the other brother paid be back! Sat. we got up had coffee and then got ready to go white water rafting. It was really exciting and scary at times ,especially my mother in law fell out during the worst rapids of the day. I don't think she'd recommend swimming class 5 rapids. We stopped to view Deception Falls on the way back which was beautiful! After a long day we were beat and ready to relax! We picked up some pizza from a local restaurant, played more spoons and did some hottubing. Sunday I went golfing with the boys and the rest of the girls shopped around the town. I golfed terrible but did get my first par on one of the holes. After a nice lunch and a bit of shopping we headed back over the mountains. It was a busy, fun filled weekend!

1 comment:

Jennifer Oaks said...

wow you have been doing so much and I am shocked at how well you keep this updated.